The BMI160 is a small, low power, low noise 16-bit inertial measurement unit designed for use in mobile applications like augmented reality or indoor navigation which require highly accurate, real-time sensor data.
In full operation mode, with both the accelerometer and gyroscope enabled, the current consumption is typically 950 μA, enabling always-on applications in battery driven devices.
– Augmented reality and immersive gaming
– 3D-scanning and indoor mapping
– Indoor navigation, pedestrian dead-reckoning, step-counting
– 6- and 9-axis sensor fusion, air mouse applications
– Optical image stabilization”